Grade 12 Info
WD West Studios Graduation Portrait Sessions - A representative from WD West Studios will be in the canyon during lunch Monday, December 4th to Friday, December 8th to book graduation portrait sessions. All sessions will take place in January 2024. Please see the attachments below for more information and hold questions for WD West. Please note that all grade 12s should have their photos taken, even if not intending to purchase photos. "Yearbook only" sessions are free and the photo is needed for the yearbook, diploma, and grad slide show.
YEARBOOKS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE OR AT THE OFFICE
Remind App Links
Important information is regularly sent to parents and grads through the Remind APP.
Click on the Remind icon below to download the Remind app for free.
Once you have downloaded the Remind app, click on the appropriate link below to join our Grad2020 Remind groups.
Parents' Link: Click
Grads with Last Names: A-L
Grads with last names: M-Z
1. Registering for a BCeID account and accessing the student transcript Service
2. Ordering/Sending a Transcript to a Post Secondary Institution
The BC Graduation Program includes provincial assessments in the areas of Numeracy and Literacy. These assessments are prepared by the BC Ministry of Education and must be written by all students as a part of their graduation requirements. As these assessments are being phased in over time, the assessments required for graduation will vary slightly depending on students' current grade level. A breakdown of the assessments that are required for all students in grades 10-12 is included at the bottom of this post.
• Graduation Literacy Assessment 10 (GLA 10) for all grade 10 students (November 1-2, 2023)
• Graduation Literacy Assessment 12 (GLA 12) for all grade 12 students (January 24-25, 2024)
• Graduation French Literacy Assessment 12 ( LTF 12) for all grade 12 FI students (Jan 25, 2024 & June 10, 2024)
• Graduation Numeracy Assessment 10 (GNA 10) for all grade 10 students (April 17-18, 2024)
• Make-up sessions (June12, 2024)
• The GLA 10, GNA 10, LTF 12 (FI Students only), and GLA 12 are requirements for graduation.
• Students are assessed on a four-point proficiency scale: Emerging, Developing, Proficient and Extending
• There is no “pass” or “fail” – students must write the assessments in order to meet the BC graduation requirements. Students will have a chance to rewrite these assessments on future dates to be determined by the Ministry of Education.
• Assessment results are not blended with any subject as was the case with past provincial examinations. The results stand alone on the student’s transcript.
Literacy 10 Assessment Website
Literacy 12 Assessment Website
French as a Secondary Language Literacy 12 Assessment Website
Numeracy 10 Assessment Website
REQUIRED GRADUATION ASSESSMENTS BY CURRENT GRADE LEVEL
Grade Provincial Assessments Required for Graduation10 - 12
• Grade 10 Literacy Assessment
• Grade 10 Numeracy Assessment
• Grade 12 Literacy Assessment
• Grade 12 FSL Literacy Assessment